Thursday 29 September 2011

Papua New Guinea



By Michael Fletcher 


As promised this is the first installment of my journey to the remote islands and villages of Papua New Guinea on the vessel the True North.

I was asked by owners Craig Howson and Mark Stothard to record the journey through the lens of my trusty 5D mk2 in a way that highlights the beauty of this spectacular country.

I was slightly nervous about PNG as you hear stories about it being an unsafe travel destination but this could not be further from the truth. It was so the opposite that I hope my short productions can dispel any doubts people have about this wonderful country.

Northstar Cruises have been building and fine tuning their Adventures in Paradise PNG tour for 5 years now and it's a credit to the crew of True North for it's well planned, interactive, and safe tour through one of the most remote places in the world.

Papua New Guinea is one of the most beautiful, clean and friendly places I have ever visited and am hoping to return one day to see more of this spectacular land.

It's a photographers paradise and as with the remote Kimberley of Western Australia one of the best travel experiences available.

For all of you who care this production was shot by me using the following equipment. Boy was I tired after I got back.

Two Canon 5D mk2's, Canon lenses 16/35mm, 24mm, 85mm, 18mm tiltshift, 400mm. Fostex FR2LE Field Recorder, Rode Mic's, Azden Wireless Mic's, Aqua Tech Water Housing, Various filters, Lee, Polarizers etc. Macbook Pro, MacPro, Final Cut Studio 7.

For details on Da Boat go to www.northstarcruises.com.au or check out Mark's blog at truenorthmark.wordpress.com

For those interested in our business check out www.christianfletcher.com.au or christianfletcher.wordpress.com

Music was by Hans Zimmer from the movie "The Thin Red Line"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...