Saturday 1 October 2011

Grand Canyon



By IE·DNlab

This time its about the Grand Canyon, one of the most impressing canyons, I´ve ever seen.
I had to spent a huge amount of time for grading each shot extensively as I shot (by accident) with lots of different settings from superflat to highly saturated.
So lots of shots got their particular grading as well as a lot of masks which I had to use, to separate the skys from the ground.
This footage showed me again, how bitchy 7D footage can be, if you don´t know exactly what you do.
I did a lot of shots out of a helicopter, but as it is - when you´re beginner - you do a lot of things, you shouldn´t do and of course...I did :D
I tried my best to stabilize some of them, the rest...puhh...I had to put into trash.
(Next time I´ll remember that a helicopter has windows;)
Anyway...I hope you like this tiny movie too and if so, feel free to put a "like" on it :)
Equipment used:
Canon EOS 7D,
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38,
B+W MRC Polarizer, slim,
Tokina AF 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX,
Kenko Polarizer,
Sigma AF 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG macro,
Kenko Polarizer Digital Pro,
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 USM L IS,
B+W MRC Polarizer, slim,
ND Fader,
Manfrotto MA 055 CXPRO3 tripod,
Manfrotto 701 HDV videohead,
Manfrotto 700RC2 videohead,
Manfrotto 808 RC4 3way-head,
JJC-TM-A remote switch/timer,
Cam-Slider
Shot at ISO 100, 1/50, f8-22, 23.976 fps, different picture styles, edited in Adobe Premiere, graded in After Effects with Colorista (no presets used).






By IE·DNlab

Early in the morning we took part on a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon in September 2010.
Unfortunately, because of my inexperience in heliflights, I used the totally wrong lens...the 70-200L.
The Heli was shaky like hell and it was a pain in the ass to keep the camera still, even if I used the stabilizer.
Additionally I had to fight with the windows and therefore a lot of reflections, so the footage I shot, was the worst, I ever had to work with.
After Effects did a great job in stabilizing all the stuff, but the results are not really convincing to me.
(but that´s really up to me;)
Last but not least, I got damn sick and were´nt able to concentrate anymore, so here´s what I was able to get out of all the stuff ;)
Equipment used:
.Canon EOS 7D,
.Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ38
.Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 USM L IS,
.LCD-VF Viewfinder
Shot at ISO 100, 1/50, f5.6-8, 23.976 fps, flat picture style, edited in Canopus Edius, graded and stabilized in After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...